We’re building the stage. Shooting the videos. Testing the technology. Assembling the resources. We are 58 short days away from The Global Leadership Summit 2017!
As you walk into the conference, you always come with a sense of anticipation. You’ve seen God work in the past. And you may be wondering—what am I going to walk away with this year?
Each year, as the GLS team thoughtfully and prayerfully assembles the faculty, the goal is always the same. We want to bring the best, most current, most actionable leadership learnings to faith-centered leaders. We resist the temptation to create a theme. Instead, we ask our faculty to speak out of their expertise and to share their most impactful leadership messages.
We like to say: Our theme is LEADERSHIP—simply leadership.
At the same time, we often see sub-themes emerge in unexpected ways. Each year, we believe that the Spirit weaves together the right messages to bring to our community in this season.
Here are 6 themes we see emerging for the 2017 Summit.
- Assembling a Great Team. Fantastic leaders figure out ways to attract and hire the best talent. We are thrilled to welcome one of the most ingenious HR leaders of our generation, Laszlo Bock, to unpack Google’s unconventional strategies for people selection. In addition, small business guru and star of CNBC’s The Profit, Marcus Lemonis, will describe how great people are core to his strategy for commercial success.
- Grit. Everyone is talking about the new research that indicates passion and persistence may be the unlikely keys to career and life success. We’re thrilled to learn more from Angela Duckworth, whose best-selling book put this research on the map. Additionally, Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg will reveal the hard-won insights into leadership and resilience she gained in the aftermath of the tragic and unexpected death of her husband.
- Creative Problem-Solving. In today’s fast-paced and competitive environment, the ability to find innovative win-win solutions is more important than ever. Global creativity expert, Fredrik Härén, will explore how to increase our capacity for finding creative solutions. And business productivity expert, Juliet Funt, will help leaders reduce complexity, unburden their talent and create space for creative thinking.
- Developing Talent. Top leaders bring out the best in their people and take leadership development seriously. Sam Adeyemi will unpack the leader’s role in transforming individuals into a high-functioning team. And Marcus Buckingham will describe his latest research into re-imagining performance management.
- Fearlessness. An element of resolve is necessary for all leaders—particularly if they want to create change. President of the International Justice Mission, Gary Haugen, will describe how he how he remains fearless after decades of charging into the dark worlds of slavery and trafficking. Immaculée Ilibagiza will examine how she rose above fear to forgive those responsible for the Rwandan Genocide. And top human-rights attorney Bryan Stevenson will inspire us to courageously move forward to do uncomfortable things.
- Grander Vision. Faith-centered leaders have outsized impact when they fully live out their values at work. This year we will feature four stories of people who are living their Grander Vision: a young woman entrepreneur, a water executive, a taxi-driver and a brave lawyer who is changing his country by taking on corruption.
PLUS, Michael Junior is back, bringing the funny!
It is shaping up to be another great year at the Summit. Make plans today to attend at a site near you and come prepared for two days of learning, inspiration and impact!
Register today! Attend The Global Leadership Summit 2017 at one of more than 600+ Premier Host Sites across the United States!