What is an idea? When a person takest two formerly known things and combines them in a new way.
– Fredrik Härén
At GLS 2017, Fredrik Härén cast a compelling vision for the importance of creativity and innovation. He spoke with passion about the essence of an idea and how our businesses, churches and world could be transformed if we had the courage to innovate.
October is Creativity month on our GLS platforms. Here’s how you can utilize our tools to increase your leadership skills and grow in personal creativity.
- NEW! Download and listen to Episode 011 of the GLS Podcast. In this episode, Bill Hybels and Heather Larson share their thoughts about creativity as an important business skill for leaders. To watch or listen click here.
- Enroll in the Fredrik Härén/Creativity GrowthTrack. Get free access to videos, articles, tools and more—all tailored to help you develop your understanding and skills in creativity. Click here to access your free Creativity resources.
- Gain new perspectives on the Follow the GLS blog. Every week in October, watch for brand new posts on creativity from trusted GLS voices. This month, look for posts from:
- Travis Bradberry (GLS 2016), best-selling author and founder of TalentSmart
- Chip & Dan Heath (GLS 2009), best-selling authors and business university instructors at Stanford and Duke Universities
- John C. Maxwell (GLS 2016, 2005, 1999, 1996), leadership expert, best-selling author and coach
- Adam Grant (GLS 2015), professor, Wharton School of Business, best-selling author
- Keri Wyatt Kent, speaker, writer and author of GodSpace
- Gain creativity skills with a brand new Skills in Action tool on GLSnext Premium. This tool will launch at the end of the month, giving you step-by-step instructions on how to walk your team through a group creative process to renew a product or service that has lost its edge.
In a world oversaturated with average ideas, creativity is essential to bring fresh inspiration to our businesses, our employees, our congregations and our communities.
Let’s embrace the opportunity to grow and develop this month as we dive into an essential skill for every great leader—Creativity.
Liz Driscoll is the director of Year-Round & Digital Content for Willow Creek Association. Passionate about ideas and the local church, she carries a deep conviction that fired-up, Christ-centered leaders can change the world. She oversees content for GLSnext, the GLS Podcast, Follow the GLS blog, GLS GrowthTracks and is the content director for the Study Guide of Bill Hybels’ most recent release, Leading from Here to There.